The Vancouver Latin American Film Festival is a registered charitable organization with the mission to provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema in Vancouver. This 11-day annual festival encourages dialogue among cultures, and explores and celebrates the art of contemporary Latin American and Latin-Canadian filmmaking.
VLAFF's mandate is the encouragement and appreciation of motion pictures as a medium of art, information and education.
Since 2003, VLAFF has provided audiences with the unique opportunity to watch inspiring films and interact with guest filmmakers from across Latin America and the diaspora.
- To conduct a Film Festival for the purpose of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of Latin American cinema.
- To provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema in Canada;
- To provide independent media artists with the opportunity to present and discuss their works with an engaged audience;
- To showcase the work of Latin-Canadian artists and filmmakers;
- To promote cross-cultural understanding and enrich Canada’s multicultural landscape.