YOUTH JURY 2023
Call for Applications
Be part of the VLAFF Youth Jury in 2023!
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, June 8
Youth from across BC and Latin America between the ages of 18 – 30 are invited to be part of a youth-run film jury at the
21st Vancouver Latin American Film Festival
September 7 – 17, 2023
Please note we are also accepting applications from Latin American students outside of BC who are currently attending a film school.
The Youth Jury will choose one film out of seven feature-length films by new directors, and present the Youth Choice Award for Best New Director at the Closing Ceremony on September 17 (either in-person, virtually, or hybrid).
Jury Members will be recognized on VLAFF’s website and will receive a full Festival Pass (for those in Canada) or online access to the New Directors section (for those in Latin America). The members of the jury must make a commitment to:
- Attend a hybrid orientation session with the Youth Jury Coordinator
- Attend a “Film Critique and Jury Deliberation” workshop
- Watch each of the eight films in the New Directors Competition
- Attend and participate in virtually recorded Q&As with our New Directors prior to the festival (to take place during the second week of August in the evenings, Pacific Standard Time)
- Be available to meet for a two-hour hybrid deliberation on the final weekend of the festival to make the selection of the winning film
Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age inclusive.
NOTE: if you live in Vancouver, you will be expected to be present at the festival as much as you can. We want to ensure that everyone in the Jury is enjoying their time and getting the most out of this experience.
To apply: https://airtable.com/shrZkGBu7kLMnHA1s
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ana Tonso, Youth Jury Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you!!
Youth Jury presenting the award in the closing ceremony, September 2019.